Do your students respond to Activity Kits that use Sequence Cards?
Special Needs Tool Box – Cards Set
by Stephanie Mitelman, M.A., CSE, AASECT Certified Sexuality Educator
These Sequencing Card cover the following topics and answer questions such as:
- WHAT ARE ACTIONS THAT YOU SHOULD DO IN PRIVATE, OR IN PUBLIC?
- HOW CAN YOU DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A FRIEND AND SOMEONE WHO IS BEING FRIENDLY?
- HOW DO YOU STAY SAFE ON THE INTERNET?
- HOW SHOULD YOU NAVIGATE ONLINE DATING?
- HOW DO YOU READ BODY LANGUAGE WHEN FLIRTING?
- HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY MENSTRUAL HYGIENE?
- HOW DO I USE A CONDOM?
- HOW DO I ASK FOR CONSENT?
5 EDUCATIONAL THEMES + 16 LAMINATED CARD SETS WITH IMAGES
- 5 EDUCATIONAL THEMES include:
- 1) Private and Public: This theme includes Private and Public laminated flashcards, as well as Appropriate Self Touch Sequencing Cards for Boys and Girls.
- 2) Boundaries & Safety: This theme includes Friendly versus Friend Cards, as well as an activity about Staying Safe on the Internet.
- 3) Dating & Consent: This theme includes Rules for Online Dating Cards, as well as Dating Cards, which provide fun ideas for dates. This category also includes Steps to Asking Someone Out Cards, as well as Rules for Consent Cards. Finally, this theme includes Grown Up Sequencing Cards, which teach individuals with special needs basic grown-up rules.
- 4) Body Language and Flirting: This theme includes Universal Expressions: Faces and Bodies, as well as Reading Body Language: Flirting Cards.
- 5) How-To Sequencing Cards: This theme includes two Sequencing Card sets, the first illustrates Menstrual Hygiene, and the second illustrates How To Use a Condom. The remaining two Card sets describe how to safely Masturbate for Boys and Girls
SUGGESTED GRADE LEVEL: Elementary + individuals with special needs