You, Your Body, Growing Up, Relationships and Sex DVD
Publisher: Life Support Productions
You, Your Body, Growing Up, Relationships and Sex DVD is a comprehensive resource for children and young people with learning disabilities and special educational needs. A series of videos explore and illustrate a wide range of essential aspects of personal development, self-care and relationships including consent and sexual relationships. In an easy to use format and supported by detailed lesson plans, and ideal core resource for RSE and PSHE lessons.
This DVD has the lesson plans included as a pdf files.
The easy to use DVD resource covers an extensive range of up-to-date topics including:
- Social media and being safe online (going online and using social media, and the dangers of ‘fake mates’. They also explain about the dangers of sexting and what to do if you receive pictures, personal information and other requests)
- Growing up and the changes from childhood to adulthood (explains and illustrates male and female body changes. That we all have different bodies; they change at different times and the importance to get help)
- Periods and sanitary protection (explains periods as well as privacy and getting help for any worries or concerns. Also discussed are tampons and sanitary towels and how to use and dispose of them)
- Self-examination and privacy (This section has two videos, one female and one male. It explains the importance of self-examination and illustrates how to examine yourself. Also covered is privacy and getting help for any worries or concerns)
- Menopause (Covers how different women go through the menopause at different ages and with different symptoms. The importance of getting the right help and advice and knowing of the different symptoms and effects of menopause is explained)
- Masturbation (This section has two separate videos, one about male masturbation and one about female masturbation. Each video explains and emphasizes about being private and where to go to get help if you are worried about masturbation)
- Keeping clean and personal hygiene (How to keep clean by showering, and washing carefully and using soap correctly and drying properly afterwards. Also discusses being private and getting help for any worries or concerns)
- Relationships, love and affection (Covers different types of relationships including gay and lesbian couples. The importance of respect and trust in relationships is highlighted)
- Loneliness and feelings (Covers feeling lonely and talking to someone. Crushes, especially during teenage years, are explained and the importance of ‘being real’ and not having sex with strangers is addressed)
- First dates (All about first dates and kissing and cuddling. Explaining getting to know and trust a person before becoming more intimate. Consent and privacy are highlighted throughout)
- Safer sex and condoms (Safer sex and how to use contraception. Only having sex when they both want to. Privacy and putting on a condom are discussed. The importance of respect and trust in relationships is explained)
- Consent and saying ‘No’ (Explains about unwanted sexual advances and consent. The importance of saying ‘no’ and seeking help. A number of consent scenes show someone (male or female) being approached and saying no. The age of consent and the importance of saying no are presented throughout.)
- Sex and attitudes (This video is about different attitudes towards sex. The age of consent it explained and the possible consequences of under-age sex. The difference between when sex is good and when sex is bad is explained. Consent and understanding ‘no’ is illustrated in a public setting. They explain about getting help and talking to someone you trust.
- Pregnancy and birth (Teaches about pregnancy and that it is best to wait until you are ready to have a baby. A simple animation shows a fetus developing into a baby before giving birth)
This product will ship direct form the manufacturer in the UK.